Friday, November 18, 2005

'take care,both of you',
said she and left.
hope she had a great day,
the only other girl in his life.

evening ,half past five.
I let him go.
to meet the people of the world.
his friends.

I opted to stay back.
To pray for him.
To get some time by myself
before I dedicated
the remainder ofthe evening
To him.

'Don't take too long,dear'.
The doors of my heart shall close
if you do not return in say,an hour.

I prayed.
I reflected upon myself.
I thought about him.
Wondered if he'd
remember hispromise.

Half past six.
A knock on the door.
He came in
He spent a few momentspraying..
.and then...

We were together
all the time.
We read together.
We danced.

We listened to the sea
stared at the stars
and the wisps of cloud
on an otherwise clear sky.

He let me have my way
the entire evening.
Let me do what I wanted
with him.

I did everything I wanted to
and I had to,in my capacityas his ' '
I succeeded.
Needless to say
I am a happy woman this evening.

Dedicated to my six- year old nephew.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chaitanya said...

nice post, nice last line.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home